Thursday 10 February 2011




It feels like a long time since I've done any actual pattern cutting for a while...so in order to refresh myself...I have decided Beth is my project. She's a good friend of mine and she recently asked if I could make her a dress. So well I said "how about I teach you how to make a dress and you help me learn to pattern cut again?"

She loves it "It's just like geometry" (which is MY idea of hell...I'm creative and can sew...but measuring things, well it just freaks me out!!)

These are pictures of us measuring ourselves...which was brilliant fun and we're starting from scratch...First thing we're doing is a basic bodice block measured to our own forms....

I love how much Beth seems to be enjoying it and well, I work best with other people...I'm hoping to persuade her to be my business partner...I think she is more creative than she reckons she is!! Watch this space and see us progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment